Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Naomi and Hannah with Otis who is not amused
We were catching up on some emails today when Lorrie and I saw an add imploring us to "save a shelter cat" today.  Please note we have nothing against helping shelter cats - we have a cat ourselves but we are just of the school of thought that maybe, just maybe human children that are waiting on us to take bold action on their behalf are a bit more important.  As I read the subject line - it struck me that we are never spammed with emails imploring us to help a human being.  I wonder sometimes if we've totally lost our way as humans .  But then I remember all of you...

This thanksgiving - Lorrie and I want you to know that we are truly thankful for all of you.  We are thankful for your prayers for Jacob (and other orphans) -spending today in an orphanage once again, waiting for us to arrive.  We are thankful for your monetary support that is so crucial and needed to get this done.  We have a way to go but thanks to you we are so much further along than we would have been.  I thank you on behalf of Jacob- I think he would say to all of you "thank you - I have been waiting so long".  Most of all we thank our Jesus who adopted us.

Today as you reflect on what you are thankful for, remember the children across the globe that are waiting and hoping for someone to take bold action on their behalf.

Thank you for loving us so extravagantly.

Marshall and Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment