Monday, November 21, 2011

The love of a Mother...It will matter

Lorrie and I were asked to speak at our church (Woodland Park Community Church) yesterday at both services.Now we need to tell you all that we're not morning people - especially on the weekend.  You see - we're 11 o'clockers - that strain of believer that wants to be awake while we give praise to our Father.  Now for me the best part of going to the 8:30 service was:  " hi welcome to WPCC - are you new to the area?" - clearly demonstrating that the Worthey's like their rest and don't hang with those 8:30 folks too often.
Lorrie and Marshall - 1991

But what a blessing it was for us to be there and tell just a small part of one orphan's story - a story that is still unfolding - one of hopelessness dissolving into hope.  As I watched my wife Lorrie speak I thought to myself what an amazing mother this Jacob of ours (and all our kids have).  In the 20+ years we've been together I have watched this beautiful woman grow, learn and become over and over again.  Lorrie never ceases to amaze me.  

What's it going to be like for Jacob to go from having no mother, to having one like Lorrie?  I think it might be like having lived with only part of the sun's rays during your days and then stepping out into true daylight.  Kind of like discovering you really do matter for the first time.  

Marshall

1 comment:

  1. What a precious tribute to an AMAZING woman!

    ReplyDelete