Friday, November 11, 2011

The best thing to do ....get out of the way

Naomi - Happy
You ever felt totally out of control?  - In a good way?  I never have either until this morning.  You see, as a "man"  I like my control.  My background as a soldier taught me to be assertive, to take the initiative and execute the mission.  But what happens when you start to realize that for  the 'mission' you are on ...well you're not the lead - you're following - heck you can't even keep up with what your leader is doing.  Today I realized that I am out of control in a good way.

You have heard me say that this adoption is something we were called to do, something we're following Jesus on.  Nice churchy words those are - are they not?  So often we just say those things.  But my eyes have been opened to something as of late....Without waiting on me Jesus is leading and honestly I can't keep up with this Warrior God of mine!  Over the last two days (and during this whole process really)  I have watched him move the hearts of people who are not even reading this blog, in fact - people we haven't spoken with in some time.  Lorrie got a call this morning from an old homeschooling buddy - while on the phone she says to Lorrie - "God laid you on my heart this week - I heard you are adopting again and I want to send you something to help get  him home".  This kind of thing has NOT been the exception - but the rule since we stepped out on faith, since we said "ok God but YOU are going to have to do it - we can't:"

I really believe the best thing I've done in this journey is to get out of God's way, get my soldier, assertive initiative taking self out of His way - He's got this.  And here's the beauty of it - he's got Jacob.  He's got me and He's got you.  So if you are being called, wooed into taking bold action on behalf of an orphan - do it.  Don't sweat the resources, don't worry about how .  My eyes are now open to the fact that if He's asked you ( or me ) to do something - he's going to equip you, train you and love you enough to see it through.

Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment