Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The call and the battle.

We got the call today.  Do you believe it?  We're good to travel! After the celebrating Lorrie started looking into airfare to get us over there and back with our Jacob...

Wow. We were hoping for fares in the 900.00 range - no such luck.  Try 1400 dollars - cheapest we found today. My goodness so close but so far!   So slowly what should be a joyful day spiraled into a not so good day I got home to what was supposed to be an 'easy fix' of the bathroom sink and guess - what.  Not so easy.  Prior to that I got some other news that was not so helpful.  And then, without realizing it - 4 hours after getting the news we've been praying for - hoping for all this time - I'm in a terrible mood.

For you Python fans:  I was guarding my heart like these guys
Then it hits me - John 10:10 says "the thief comes only to steal kill and destroy"  Guess what -he came to steal my joy today and I almost let him.  Forgive me Lord.  So you know what? I am choosing this moment to have "the joy of the Lord as my strength".  I will not yield this joy the Lord has given us to my enemy and yours.  I'm laughing at myself because when I realized this today - I was almost surprised.  Why is it that we are surprised when our enemy steals from us,  works to destroy us, to kill all we love?

We are at war (read Ephesians) and we get attacked.  Particularly when the Lord is about to do something miraculous.  So you know what?  I chose today, right now to trust in he "who is able to do immeasurably more than we could hope for or ask" to do what he said a year and a half ago - to bring Jacob home.

Pray for us, fight with us and watch with us as we wait on the Lord's provision to get one more - out of an orphanage and into a family.

Marshall

2 comments:

  1. praying - and rejoicing - with you & for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are an inspiration, in a literal way for us now. Thank you, and blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete