Thursday, March 15, 2012

Change is coming

Things have been quite busy around the Worthey home the last few weeks.  There is never a dull moment for sure!  To begin with, I have some exciting news not dealing with the adoption.  I am running for Mayor of our town.  Now,  you must realize, that  we live in a very small community - around 900 year round residence which equates to about 500 registered voters.  Doesn't seem like a heck of a lot of people, but here is the catch.  We haven't had an election in over 15 years.  You see, the officials just work their way up the ladder and no one ever challenges them or runs against them.  Until now. Wouldn't you know that when I found out that no one was going to run for Mayor and my opponent thought he would just "slide" in I had to give it a run.  So, the last few weeks have been crazy around here for sure! Being that we have been through an adoption before and fully understand this very last part of the process, I consider it a gift that I have something else to keep my mind on.
What our town looked like WAY back in the day

We received word that Jacob went for his visa appointment on March 7th.  One week ago to the day.  I still am not fully aware of why it would take a full week to issue that Visa paper, but it is taking that long - and longer.  We should be getting "the call" anytime now. When we got "the call" with Naomi it was early in the morning before the children were awake.  You have to remember that the Philippines is a good 12 hours ahead of us so if our agency receives word it will be overnight.  If we don't get a call by 12:00 noon more than likely it won't come at all that day.  Words can't describe what it is like waiting for that call.  You have to do something to keep your mind off of it or you will drive yourself and all of those around you crazy!

So, what will it look like when we do hear the phone ring and get  the word that our son is expecting us?  Well, first off we need to really begin packing.  Yep, we haven't done that yet.  I need to get organized around here for sure.  We will have one suitcase each, pack one full of clothes for Jacob and have one full of gifts for the people at the orphanage.  Let's see...6 plus 1 plus 1 equals 8.  And, that doesn't include the backpacks each of the children will have as carry on.

I almost forgot to mention the fact that we have to begin looking for airfares.  The dreaded airfare.  The expensive airfare.  Yuck!!  Anyway, we are praying that when we begin that search that God provides exactly what we need.  Please pray with us that the fares are reasonable.  We are praying that each fare is below $1,000 each.  We would then only need $7,000.00 instead of  $14,000. Sounds a little better doesn't it?

There is so much to do, so much to plan.  I often wonder what Jacob is thinking.  Is he excited? Scared? Unsure?  What is going through his mind as he waits for us?  His life is about to change in a very big way.  Now that will be something to blog about in the future.  For now, please continue to pray for our family during this time.  We are so very close. So very excited.

I found a picture of Naomi taken just hours after she left the orphanage with us.  The look on her face says it all.  What was going through her mind as she left everything she had ever known?  I wonder what Jacob will be thinking.
Thoughts are worth a thousand words

God bless you. We keep you close to our hearts and cannot wait until Jacob knows that.
Lorrie

7 comments:

  1. You know what I am really excited about? Naomi gets to go back and say Hi to all of her friends. And Jacob wont be so nervous because he going to have his friend back. How old is Naomi anyways? I know you said Jacob wears size eight so I am assuming he maybe 9 or 10? I want you to use that money to go buy him some special clothes just for him. The childrens place is having huge sales right now, We dont get Gap very often or Old Navy on sales or gifts but I really want you to go and spurge for him. He is special and I want to bless him with nice clothes that last forever. I love you much and I am so excited for you all. Cant wait till you get the call if you want to pray again call me... Love Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne - thank you so much. I am so in awe at how God brought your sweet family into our life. What a huge blessing you are! Will try to call today....God bless you friend!

      Delete
  2. So, so excited for you ALL!!
    I've got two smallish boxes of size 8 clothes for Jacob - didn't see you at church on Sunday, so they are still in our car. I'll have them this week too - should I leave them in the foyer or church office for y'all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teri,

      We won't be at church this week. Will try to hook up sometime next week or so. Thanks for helping us out. We appreciate you guys so much!

      Delete
  3. Counting on meeting Jacob this summer! Before you know it it's so far....:-) God's strength and blessings in all your adventures!

    Love you all, Margot

    ReplyDelete