Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New times

    The days are changing. Summer is officially over here.  We had our first hard freeze last night and  this morning I woke up to the leaves falling off the trees. Such a beautiful time of year with all of the colors.  I am constantly reminded of God's love for us.  The pictures He paints are amazing.  Our family spent the weekend with friends.  We sat around a table and talked about the things going on in our life.  We shared stories, ate great food and enjoyed each other's company.  I was reminded of how special life is and what a gift we have been given to share life with each other.  I am also reminded of the millions of children around the world who are not able to sit at a table and share life with someone.  How lonely it must feel to not have the comfort of friends, family and food.  My heart continues to break for those less fortunate than myself.  So often I tend to get upset that  I have to wait until payday to get things that I think I need now.  How silly is that?  Praying that our eyes continue to be open to what really matters.

Worthey family 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment