Friday, October 28, 2011

Keep it Coming


We want to say "thank you" to all of you who have already helped get Jacob a little closer to home.  Some of you have donated multiple times. Some have linked our page to your facebook page.  Others have called your family and told them our story.  Many of you have prayed for Jacob and our family.  Yet, the need is still here - it doesn't just go away.  Here is how YOU can keep it coming....

 It is exciting around here.  Watching the kids carve pumpkins, bake the seeds and pick out fall festival costumes brings joy to my heart.  It is truly a fun time of year.  I love watching the look on Naomi's face as she runs across a pumpkin patch.  The simple things in life bring her the most joy.

At the same time I am reminded of our Jacob who waits for us to "fetch" him.  I am reminded of the room we were placed in at the orphanage and the knock on the door. That was our invitation to our son.  That particular day, that simple knock and those precious words, "I love America, take me with you.:"  That, you see, is the day our life changed forever.  Yes, we were at the orphanage to bring our daughter home, but God had a bigger plan for us - one we could have never imagined. 

The other night I wrestled with God.  I was mad.   Mad because we were in this situation. My conversation with him went something like this..." God, why us?  Why would you call us to do something this big?  Why are we  the ones who have to reach out and keep asking those we know for financial help?  I don't like this one bit Lord.  We need the money now and there seems no way to get it!  The funds aren't coming in Lord. You know the needs around here, the broken car, Naomi's citizenship papers that we need to get before we can travel.  The mountain seems so big and us so small.  WHY are we doing this?"  His answer was "why not". 

Some would say that Marshall and I have chosen to adopt Jacob and that we are "doing what we want to do" as it is a choice.  I want to tell you that it isn't a choice - it is a command and shame on us if we don't.  When we met Jacob and he spoke those simple words to us right then God was working.  It is God's choice for Jacob to be in our family.  From the beginning of time, God knew Jacob would be in our family - he had a plan for Jacob's life and that plan was to be a Worthey.  So now, we step out on faith and watch as God does His work.  However, that doesn't mean it is easy.  And, it doesn't mean that I don't talk to God often telling Him that I really don't enjoy what is happening here. 

When we turned on the computer yesterday we saw that there had been a donation to our family.  It came from a family who is in the process of adopting .  Yes, they are waiting for their child and somehow they came to help our family.  I keep hearing, "Oh, I really wish I could help, but I just can't ...in fact, I would love to write you a check right now."  I don't know the circumstances of your life, or what is happening in your family, but I do know that most of us in America have some extra money put away for "a rainy day".  One of my friends told me a little while back that the reason people don't give is because they haven't caught onto the vision yet.  They don't know what you know Lorrie, they haven't been in your shoes or seen what you have seen.  Here is just a little glimpse into what I have seen and the changed life I have witnessed.

It is really simple.  Changing a life and making a difference doesn't mean that you have to go to extreme measures. It doesn't mean that you must sell all  your possessions and give them to our family. Here's what it means...

We got an e-mail from our adoption agency yesterday saying that they will let us pay the first portion of our fees to the Philippines first before we have to pay their portion.  So, it looks like this. - we need to come up with $4,300.56 to send to the Philippines right away.  As of this morning we have $3,470.00.  That means we only need $830.56.  Once we get that money, we will be able to send a check to the Philippines and they will send Jacob's stuff over to get it into our government. - Basically, the ball will be rolling.    After that, we will still need $3,500.00 to finish up the adoption and of course, the plane fares.  If 83 people could donate just $10.00 each, we would have enough money to get the ball rolling. 

Wow!  That's exciting to know that for just $10.00 you can be part of changing a life.  So, we are asking you, would you please go to the chipin button on the left of this page and send our family a $10.00 donation right now?  Jacob waits and God is calling you to help. 

May God continue to go before us and may everyone see HIS mighty hand

The Worthey family

No comments:

Post a Comment