Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eyes Now Opened

We have always known that this adoption is something bigger than what we can even know.  Today we got to see just a small part of what God is doing here.

I have always wanted a full house - lots of kids. You see, I come from a very small family - one other sister - and I have always known that I wanted to have more than just 2 kids. I know first hand what it is like when you have a disagreement with your only other sibling and don't talk.  You have no one.  I didn't want that for my children.

There was one issue with all of this - Marshall was done...finished with children.  He had watched me go through three very hard deliveries and didn't want to see his wife in that situation again.  So, for many years - 6 at least -I kept the longing for more children a little secret between God and me.  Really hoping that it would just go away. The problem was every time I went to a MOPS Convention and Compassion International showed their video about the children who needed homes and were left as orphans my heart literally ached.  Not in the normal way at all.  So...in December of 2006 I approached Marshall and told him.." honey, I really think there is another child out there somewhere for us.  I think we should adopt."  Much to my surprised he said "OK". I must say that for a month or so before this my friend and I had been praying for our husbands heart towards more children would change.  God did it!
Into the water with a new family

It has been an amazing journey God has us on.  Not only has God given us a precious gift - Naomi- He has given us a heart that is so very huge for the orphans.  Not just here in our town, or the states, but for ALL orphans throughout the world.  God has opened our eyes and  once they are opened you are forever changed.  There is no way you can go back to what it was before.  So, in faith we stepped out and just found out about this little boy whom we call Jacob.  By faith we put in our application and waited to find out if Jacob was still waiting for a family.  By faith we started a blog and reached out to people for help.  God has been faithful!  Praise to Him!  Not only do we have all of our adoption expenses covered, we have met some wonderful new friends who are either going through or have gone through the adoption process.  But the greatest news is that God has spoken to the hearts of people who, through reading our story, are stepping out in faith and opening their hearts to the orphans of the world.  One story - many lives changed.

God has just started working in our life.  We are forever changed - our hearts are forever open. I don't know where we will be in a year or so.  But, what I do know, is that we will continue speaking out on behalf of those who have no voice.  We have learned that all you need to do is to follow whatever it is He is calling you to do. He will provide and lead your path.  If all we have done by writing this blog is given you eyes to see than it is all so worth it.

I wanted to share an adoption video that spoke to me during those beginning days of our journey.  Enjoy, and may your eyes be opened as well.
click here to watch the video that God used to change our hearts toward the orphan

Praying that you all have a blessed week sharing your life with those close to you.

Lorrie

1 comment:

  1. Why is it I can't stop CRYing????? Happy & sad & scared, all at once....
    Need to talk to you about the rainbowkids site tho - I don't really understand it - seems very limited...???

    ReplyDelete