Thursday, February 9, 2012

Waiting...

I'm writing today because I want you the reader to understand waiting. Waiting to bring your child home.  If you've been following the last few weeks you pretty much can gather that we're still waiting on 'the call'.  We've been doing much waiting lately.  Honestly I don't know what to say when people say "how's it going?" or "any news?"  The answer as of late is either "hanging in there" or "not really".  So I wanted to see what God has to say about waiting.  Here is what I found:

  • "Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts." Proverbs 8:34
  • "And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body." Romans 8:23
  • "...keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life"  Jude 1:21
  • "For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness." Galatians 5:5
So we are watching, eagerly waiting for Jacob's "adoption as a son" and "anxiously waiting" to show Jacob - who has been waiting 11 years - mercy.

Today as you read this please consider helping us show Jacob "mercy".   Some do not define adoption as a mission but do define a two week trip to serve 'on the mission field' as missions.  Well it is but... Please understand I am not minimizing the need for these short trips - they are awesome and the Lord uses them to change lives often.

However, I have really been struggling with this narrow perspective - mission... is bigger than this. I have been struggling with the inability of some to understand adoption and see it for the mission field it is.  Think about it this way... Paul's 3rd missionary journey...he spent 2 and 1/2 years in Ephesus alone.  I would submit that mission = presence.  Being present.  When we brought Naomi home, and when we bring Jacob home we have been and will be present - until the Lord returns.  

You don't have to adopt - but you can help those who are willing to be obedient to what the Lord has asked of them. He equips and enables thru his people - and if you know him...his people = you.  Until then we are waiting.  Waiting on the Lord...Waiting on the call.


Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment