Thursday, October 11, 2012

Remembering Anticipation

I'm sitting here this morning remembering what if felt like to be in anticipation of Jacob's arrival.  I am remembering what it was like to feel that ache, knowing my son was in an orphanage, knowing he was waiting for someone - anyone to be a father, a mother, a brother, a sister to him.  I remember the anticipation of 'the call' we were desperate for to go get him.  I remember the uncertainty - "how on earth can we do this?"  "where are we going to get that much money?".  Most of all I remember my Jesus showing up -right when we needed him and with exactly what was needed.

Now Jacob is home.  He's learning and growing, he thanks God (so do we)  for his family when we pray and thank God for the day each night.  He plays - boy does he play.  He's with his old friend - now sister Naomi.  Things are getting to be a routine again, things are also bigger, more colorful, more filled with joy and a richness that we'd miss if we did not - "Go".

I just wanted to remember today...how it felt then and how it feels now to anticipate what God is doing in this (and your) adoption story.  I know it's hard for those of you that are waiting.  But I want you to know that waiting is, in retrospect - beautiful.  Its there that you are closest to seeing the Lord pass by - He is Beautiful.  Do not loose heart, be encouraged.... watch this:


November 4th is Orphan Sunday.  Lets do something.  Help those that are adopting by praying for them, equipping them.  Let's also pray for those that have no one - pray that they will have SOMEONE - soon.

Marshall

1 comment:

  1. oh.
    golly.
    How these words pierce my heart. Yes, with pain, and ache, and frustration. So many tears.

    And in the midst of it all - I doubt. How can I handle more? When things are so overwhelming already? I must have heard God wrong; everyone tells us how crazy it is to adopt, when we already have 'so much' on our plates.

    Just. so. tired.

    But how can I deny it? The call-to-care resounds constantly throughout scriptures. Who am I to say, "no Lord; I'm just too tired..."

    So we press on. Straining for hope. Not feeling it much now. But your words help me hope for hope-to-come.

    Thanks for that.
    So grateful for your kindred spirits, for your constant inspiration.

    ReplyDelete