Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rocky Mountain High

The Cover of John Denver's Album by That Name
Jacob woke up yesterday morning in a place he'd never been before - home. Now I hate to quote John Denver but I keep thinking of that line in one of his songs:  "...he was born in the summer of his 27th (11th) year...coming home to a place he'd never been before..."   I watched him as he was amazed at all the new things - really, his eyes were the size of silver dollars all day.  As I watched him lost in wonder, I wondered what he was thinking as he experienced new smells, new sights well ... new everything.

My goodness what a day.  The first of many.  The best thing I saw was he and Naomi, his old friend headed into the woods to get a primer on outdoor play in Colorado sunshine.  If you think you can't adopt an older child...think again.

Marshall

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you guys are such an inspiration & example to me!!!!!! And hopefully many, MANY others...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting time for all of you. I love reading about it

    Love, Margot

    PS Pray my vacation will work out with my workschedule, probably have to change my flight ticket and hopefully that is possible because I want to meet this kid! Thanks
    We are supposed to be in Colorado the first week of August

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never hear that song again without thinking of Jacob and all the older children who find their forever families later in life.

    There are still so many waiting.

    Thanks for the peek into the wonderment that is family!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete